Grazitti’s custom connectors for Alteryx empower end users to upload and download data directly into/from Alteryx.
Steps to Install
In order to use the connectors, users first need to install it on their system.
Users can either purchase the connector and get a full version, or a trial version. The trial version of connector will last for 14 days.
After purchasing the connector or registering for the trial version, the user can download the connector’s installation package directly from their browser. License Key for the connector will be sent directly to the registered email address of the user.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Alteryx should be installed on the system. The connectors are best compatible with Alteryx 11. They may or may not work perfectly with older versions.
- The system should be connected to the internet to use the connectors for downloading data.
Run as Administrator
Launch Alteryx as an Administrator
- Drag and drop the connector on the canvas. The license window will pop-up automatically.
- Copy the 16-character alphanumeric license key received on the registered email address and paste it in the Enter Your Connector License Key window.
- Click Submit to activate the connector. The system needs to be connected to the internet for activation process.
In case user faces issues with the license key, they can contact support and get a .dat file. Save this file in your local system as it will be used to activate the connector. Users need to follow the below-mentioned steps to activate the connector using the .dat file:
Click Upload License File.
Click browse and then select the .dat file and click Submit.
- The Connector is not showing after installation: If you are not able to see the installed connector under the Connectors tab in Alteryx, go to your Alteryx installation folder and open the Settings folder, then the Additional Plugins folder and check if ‘CustomDotNetTools.ini’ file is there. If you do not find it in the folder, then copy the ‘CustomDotNetTools.ini’ file from your connector’s installation package and place it in this folder and restart Alteryx.
- The Logo of the connector is not appearing while opening a workflow on a new system: An Alteryx workflow containing the connector can only be used on a system which has the connector installed in it. If the system does not have the connector installed, the connector will not function and a question mark will appear in place of the connector.
- Field not selected error: This error will appear when either the Report Type or the Fields to be extracted are not selected. You must select at least one option for each.
- License Key is not working: Check the expiration date of the license key. The user needs to ensure that the key has not expired or has been used before, as a license key can be used only once.
- Windows is showing a warning message: In some Windows versions, you may see a screen like the following one when trying to install the connector:
Please click “Run anyway” to continue installation of the connector. There will be no risk to your PC as the product is verified and digitally signed by Grazitti Interactive.
This is just Windows default behavior called “Windows Defender SmartScreen” which warns the user about any new publisher.
- Support: Contact email@example.com for any other issue related to the connector.
Possible Installation Errors
Incorrect installation path – If you are facing installation errors as shown in image below, then follow these steps –
Step 1. Please go to Alteryx shortcut on your system. Right click and select ‘Properties’.
Step 2. Copy the highlighted location, excluding the last part – ‘\bin\AlteryxGui.exe’
Step 3. Enter the path while installing the connector.
If you are still unable to install the connector, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org